Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hipsters..

After writing an on an emotional topic last, I decided to lighten the mood with this piece. Please note the photo of my roommate, Lindsey Thiele, above. As Lindsey sat there in her pajamas attached with suspenders to her body, probably faking the reading of this vintage copy of The Catcher in the Rye, I was inspired. Everything about this photograph is screaming hipster. From the key tattoo on her writst, headband, eye make-up, bandanna and suspenders, to the music playing, lighter, bunch of bananas (which she happens to be allergic to) and aloof/elitist look on her face, Lindsey epitomizes the image of the child who is so in trend with rebelling trends.

Because the whole premise of what it means to be a "hipster" is at times hard to quantify, I have done as much YouTube and UrbanDictionary research as I felt necessary.

Below are two videos that I feel have reached into what it means to be a hipster.








I hope you can come away from this post a little more aware of what it exactly means to "be a hipster". :)

1 comment: